1/20/2013

UN BELLE JOURNEE; Gothenburg

Gothenburg, Goteborg, is the second largest city in Sweden, after Stockholm.
First time I arrived there, like, three months ago, from Paris, I'm the only black-haired girl there.
Most of the passengers are blondes.
As cold as scandinavia can be, first time I stepped out the airport, daaamn, super cold.
So cold that the breeze just went through my lungs.
And the native language there was just so.... strange hahaha I never heard any sweddish languange before and dang! I felt like a lost alien there. But luckily, people in Goteburg have a very fluent english. From the bus driver till the shopkeeper, they were all fluent in english. So I have no problems in communicating <3 div="div">

My first destination.
IKEA Backebol.
Been dreaming about this store since .....little! So my parents got bunch of IKEA magz when we lived in Austria when I was just a toddler and its magazines were memorable.
Good, simple, colorful cushions. Lovely.
Good view from the hotel.
A mini square with tram and bus access.
Greatest thing about the transportation there is; it could be accessed online!
The secret so I could arrive safe and sound from my hotel to IKEA was this web >> vassttrafik
I could choose the path to go, with the bus/tram number and with its time.
Super cool!
Random visit to Goteborg station near our hotel.
Same as in France, in Sweden they also use this kind of roof.
To allow sunlight enter the building on a daytime.
Save energy.
Messy me, eating alone at IKEA canteen.
Ha ha ha ha.
View from the canteen.
The canteen has a self-service system.
Drop the dirty cups/plates there and it will flows to the kitchen.
Human resources energy save! Haha
This is the view from Backebol Bus Shelter.
Good thing about policy there;
Big Mart placed outside the city. So the traffic is 'control-able'.
   
inside IKEA. <3 td="td">

Transparent roof inside the warestore.
Save Energy!
Really. Felt. Nowhere. That Time.
<3 td="td">
BIKE.
all the bike in the main square in front of my hotel.
No wonder the air were just super clean.


So, it's a remarkable experience to go to Sweden, even just to Gothenburg.
All the thing there were just super modern, and clean.
I wonder when my country would be like that; good access in transportation, society-self-consideration of healthy life, high quality of life..

blah
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

give me hell